Thursday, April 19, 2012

That wasn't fun

I absolutely love being a wife and mother. I take care of my kids to a fault - starting with made to order breakfast for all of them and making sure to take time to be involved with all their events.  They know I am always there for them and that I spoil them and they know that I still expect them to be very responsible good students.

But the other day I didn't want anything to do with being a mom, I just wanted to crawl back into bed.  I woke up at 6:30 up with a nasty stomach virus.  I attempted to suck it up and get the boys off to school but eventually had to wave the white flag and have them call my brother and ask him to come over and get them off to school.  He did and even brought me some ginger ale.  I was able to crawl back into bed and stay there all day - I think I was asleep for about 18 hours.

I am so lucky that my brother lives less than 3 miles away.

That was 2 days ago and has thrown off the 'alone' time with my husband.  Fortunately he is off work today - took time off for getting his garden started and then head off for an MRI of his shoulder - poor guy is falling apart.  So he is asleep next to me now - and I think I am going to wake him up.  We have about 30 minutes before my oldest will be home from his morning class!

Have a great day...hope you get some!

53

1 comment:

  1. Those viruses can be nasty, but my experience is they pass quickly.

    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete