Saturday, November 24, 2012

Things to be Thankful for

So a few days behind - but I don't reserve counting my blessings and being thankful for a single day of the year so it is cool!

I am thankful for:

  • A good strong marriage - 22 years so far
  • A husband that still finds me sexy, still makes inappropriate comments, still makes an effort, still makes me feel young
  • A healthy sex drive
  • A husband that satisfies my healthy sex drive
  • Kids that are deep sleepers
  • A partner that knows all my annoying imperfections and loves me anyway
  • My desire to be a better wife, mother, person - it is a work in progress but I am so thankful that I can see the things that can and should be better

I am thankful for:
  • My beautiful, respectful, responsible, motivated children - all 4 of them most of the time
  • My annoying, whining, lazy children - all 4 of them some of the time
  • My good health and the good health of my family
  • Homemade gifts from my children (the little boys have made homemade Christmas gifts for everyone this year - can't wait to see them)
  • Christmas lists that don't break the bank, my oldest asked for a t-shirt and hat, my daughter for 3 books.  These are 19 and 17 year old kids, with friends that are quite spoiled.  I love that they recognize that the holiday is not about getting a lot of expensive trinkets.
  • Christmas lists from my boys that still believe in Santa
  • My job that allows me to work from home and make a very good living while putting my family first
  • College scholarships that make it possible for us to send our kids to great schools
  • Kids that get good grades so that they can get college scholarships
  • Friends that love me
  • My freedom
I am thankful for:
  • My blog - the free thinking space 
  • Comments that encourage me
  • Comments that point out when I am wrong
  • Comments that tell me to stop bitching and get something done
  • Other bloggers that share their intimate thoughts with the world

No comments:

Post a Comment