Friday, November 2, 2012

A close call

Yesterday was a busy day and as I closed my computer at 11:00 my husband was in bed watching a movie. I fell asleep watching with him, I was in that state of sleep where I could hear things going on, I was in and out - but totally didn't have the energy to open my eyes.  I heard my husband turn off his movie and get ready for bed and I had a moment of panic.  I was afraid that he would want sex, and I honestly didn't know if I could wake up and I really really didn't want to.  I don't remember anything else until I woke up at 3:30.

I've mentioned it before and I will say it again, there was no need for me to worry last night.  My husband doesn't need to bother his exhausted wife, he knows that there is no danger of his needs and desires not being met.  He can let me sleep.  Now that doesn't mean I'm not woken up in the morning, which is fine as that is after a good nights sleep.

So tonight I will make sure to do something special for him - starting hopefully with a happy hour date, some costume shopping and then some alone time tonight.

Have a great weekend!

126


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mrs Yes! Re: Costume shopping... I saw something online the other day and thought, that's a PERFECT quick costume!

    It's a clear garbage bag worn over your torso (put a hole in the bottom for your head to stick out), fill it with coloured balloons, tape the bottom shut, wear black pants and stick a sign on yourself that says "Gumballs 25c".

    So if you have no luck with the clearance shopping, there's always this quick fix... have fun at your party!

    (And what a great idea--wait until the week AFTER Hallowe'en for the party and be able to cash in on all the clearance costumes!)

    ReplyDelete