Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whirlwind weekend

Had a really fun and really busy weekend.  A good friend of mine moved out of state 3 years ago and she was back in town this weekend.  We have known each other for 11 years, she used to provide day care for my kids and last year my oldest son lived with her while he was playing baseball in West Virginia.  Before she moved away we would spend many nights with her and her extended family.

Friday night we went out to her brother and sister-in-laws house and enjoyed a bonfire and some great food, wine and beer.  I fell asleep in the car on the way home, so my husband let me sleep when we got home.  We had agreed to sex in the morning - but he didn't have the heart to wake me.  He was volunteering at a health expo and left the house fairly early on Saturday while I slept in.

My friend and I spent Saturday lounging around the pool (with a small break to watch my youngest two play baseball).  That evening we had dinner with some of her former volleyball players and fellow coaches.  Another late night bonfire.  My husband was asleep when I got home.

At about 7:30 this morning he tapped me on the shoulder and said "I am really horny".  I am so glad he phrased it this way and didn't pull out the "Do you want me to fuck you."  It was direct and I know that he had been putting off his needs all weekend to let me sleep and spend time with my friend.  He put my needs first all weekend and then spoke up.  Perfect!

Sunday was more relaxed, made cookies for my son and his two friends that are visiting from out of town, helped my daughter make cake pops for a class party tomorrow,  won two softball games tonight and now I am blogging when I should be sleeping or working!

I think that my husband deserve a special thank you tomorrow for taking care of things this weekend so I could catch up with my friend.  I will make sure I show proper appreciation tomorrow - I would tonight but apparently my 7 year old watched Gremlins and is in my bed totally freaked out.

68

1 comment: