Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good use of an empty house

We had 2 hours alone last night and we did use them wisely.  It is nice to be able to relax, make noise and not worry about kids walking in!  It was much needed.  Although I feel like I am still lacking serious BJ skills I did get in some practice last night.

74


I also need to thank Ponyboy for naming me as one of his choices for Kreativ Bloggers.  See his post here Award of the 7

In keeping with the rules I am to answer some questions about myself, give you 7 interesting facts about me and the pass on my selections for Kreativ Blogger.


7 Questions:

1.) What is your favorite song?


I'm Gonna Be by the Proclaimers.  Love rocking out to this one.


2.) What is your favourite dessert?

Tiramisu. Yum!

3.) What do you do when you're upset?

Depends on whether I am hurt or angry.  If I am hurt I cry and tend to separate myself from the situation or person.  If I am angry I yell, a lot, and LOUD.  If I am really angry I will slam doors and might even throw something (not at a person - just in general).  Not really proud of that - but it is what it is.

4.) Which is your favourite pet?

I didn't have pets growing up and don't connect with most animals, this really makes me feel bad sometimes.  I want to be one of those people but I'm not.  I love my animals but you aren't going to find me cuddling up with them.  I think right now my favorite pets are the hens that we keep. 

5.) White bread or whole meal?

I love bread of all shapes and sizes - my first choice taste wise is potato bread! 

6.) What's your biggest fear?

While I could just say losing a child in general, which of course would come with pain and grief I cannot even begin to imagine, the biggest fear I have is losing a child to disease.  I can't imagine having to make medical decisions  that result in putting my child through painful treatments and having to make end of life decisions for them.  Seeing one of my children suffer and not being able to help is my biggest fear.

7.) What's your attitude most of the time?

I have a get over it, count your blessings and enjoy life attitude. 


7 Fun Facts About Me:

1.) I am terribly obnoxious - usually to be funny and make people laugh.
2.) It is very hard to offend me - but I have no tolerance for bullies or mean people.
3.) I hate running but I sign up for races, triathlons, marathons, 1/2 marathons so that I will stay in shape by training.  Then I put off training and end up going out there with no training at all.
4.) I cannot allow myself to read unless I am on vacation.  Once I pick up a book I can't do anything but read until it is done.  I love to read - but am not disciplined enough to do it in small doses.  
5.) I love stupid reality television.  I don't watch much tv, but I work at home and if I am not in a meeting I generally have the tv on with some mindless reality show keeping me company.
6.) I graduated from college as the top computer science graduate in my class and after 19 years in the business I am now barely able to solve the most minor issues.  My programming skills are now totally outdated.
7.) Today marks the 9th anniversary of my last radiation treatment!  9 years of life post cancer...


7 Bloggers I'm Passing This Award On To:

I am new to the world of blogging and many of my favorites have already been granted the award.  These are the blogs I check out on a daily basis - as I am blogging in secret about a resolution to never deny my husbands sexual advances I tend to read blogs by men about their relationships with their spouses, some of them that get sex and some that unfortunately don't.  I learn a lot from these guys and the male point of view.

I don't expect any of them to feel the need to participate but wanted to pass on the links as readers of my blog may find them interesting.

Marriage in the Bedroom  >> Ponyboy's - might be cheating because he awarded this to me - but I check in often and really enjoy his take on things.

Average Married Guy Losing Beta for More Sex  >> Just started following this Average Married Guy recently.

The Red Pill Room >> I don't always agree with Ian but he is always has something interesting to say and the food for thought is always good to keep me on my toes.

Taking Back the Reins >> CantBeJustMe was one of the first to comment on my blog and give me a shout out on his blog.  I am really rooting for him.  His posts are not as frequent as others but he is living life and taking positive steps in his life.










1 comment:

  1. Ahhh sex in an empty house is so liberating after you are used to being quiet and or secretive.

    Thanks for playing along with the blog award questions - I didn't start it so I know how involved it is.

    And congratulations on your anniversary of your last treatment!

    ReplyDelete