Monday, June 18, 2012

Broken Record...

Tired, overworked, undersexed.  Ugh.  There is an end in sight - August 1st I take a new position within my company and it should help me keep more normal hours.

My daughter had a lacrosse tournament in Pennsylvania this weekend, she played 4 games and we stayed with my sister.  My husband stayed home and took my 10 year old to baseball.

I got home in time to play softball on Sunday night and worked until 5:00 am.  I was back up by 7:30.  I am exhausted now but have to stay awake for another hour for a meeting before I can crash and burn.

There has been no sex since Thursday - so today is day 4.  I think even as tired as I am I will rally for sex tonight.

The kids and husband are done school for the summer - so my work space has been invaded by 4 kids and my husband.  This should lead to some afternoon opportunities that I look forward to - I wonder if we are talented enough for hammock sex.


5 comments:

  1. good luck n get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, grind through to some more relaxing times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am keeping my fingers crossed for hammock sex, that sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man and I thought I was tired having two young kids, I don't know how you work those hours.

    I hope the hammock goes well, don't get hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your new job gives you more reasonable hours. For the first 8 years of our marriage (for 10 years of the total relationship) I worked a job with crazy hours . . . to absolutely no benefit. After I got layer off from that job, and found another without such crazy hours, I began to realize how foolish it had been to work such a job. The extra money had been nice, but it had not helped my relationship . . . which was a mistake.

    BTW, both you and hubby might plan on a resolution for 2013: both of you ought to give up one thing that consumes a fair amount of time on a regular basis (and doesn't have a paycheck attached), and instead invest that time in date night, resting, etc. You guys have over programmed your lives by at least one agenda item, it seems to me. I mean, beekeeping is fun (until the bees swarm—my dad used to keep a beehive, until they swarmed, then he stopped) and so is keeping chickens and all sorts of other stuff . . . but priorities! Need rest to have energy for intimacy. All I'm saying'.

    ReplyDelete