Monday, March 2, 2015

Ugh

Okay - I would like a re-do on the last week or so.  Between the snow and ice and cancellations and my mood.  BLAH.

Trying to see the positives, I have a nice warm home, with my family, I have wine and food and the ability to work from home.

The negatives - I am cranky.

Everyone else in the house is either a student or an employee of the school system so they are off with nothing to do.  They are all stuck with me in my 'office'.

There were two nights in a row that I made dinner and brought it down into the bar area so we could watch a movie together.  We ate on paper plates so mess was minimal.  My husband carried the serving dishes up when the movie was over and put them in the kitchen.  He didn't clean them up - he just left them on the counter.  It was early when he went up, 8 one night and 9 the next, both nights he just left them there for me and went to bed.  He didn't bother to wash them or throw them in the dishwasher.  The first night I was annoyed, the second night I was bitter.  I did let him know how annoyed I was and message was received, he helped clean up dinner the third night.

Sex has been non-existent, and that probably leads to the crankiness for both of us.  He has been in bed snoring way early and then last night his sleep schedule must have been all screwed up because I went to bed at 11:30 and fell asleep before he came in.  He slept in this morning - no school due to weather but I had to get out of bed for early meetings.

I'm honestly not feeling it tonight - I am just feeling bitchy - but I will make an effort a real effort. Even as I write this I am doubting my ability to go all in.  We need to break out of the funk so I need to get it done.


3 comments:

  1. Okay - I really didn't want to post this - seems so whiny - but just 30 minutes later I am feeling better. It is like once I put it out there I am making a promise to myself. If I really didn't want to commit to this I would not have made the post. Funny that I could always lie and nobody would be able to call me out on it - but I hold myself to be true to what I share out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we just need to vent! I hope things went well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to bitch to feel better!

    I get the dirty dish thing. My oldest daughter who is an organic vegetarian eats apart from us and on a slightly different schedule. It usually coincides with my just getting the pots washed and kitchen cleaned. Her idea of adequately washing dishes or prepping them for the dishwasher leaves a bit to be desired so I end up going behind her the next time I clean. I know that feeling of, "Am I in this alone here?"

    So did you have sex last night or this morning and did that help matters any? Sex can cure bitchiness and it's not only about sexual release and the orgasm, but the feelings that accompany it. Or did you at least talk about the malaise?

    ReplyDelete