Sunday, March 22, 2015

East Coast Tour

I had quite the busy week.  Traveled over 700 miles and went to 3 of my daughter's away games.  I saw her play in Pennsylvania, then in New York and finally in West Virginia.  Along the way I got to visit with my sister and her family, including my 1 year old great-nephew.

My sister and I paid a visit to the New Jersey State Archives in search of my grandfather's naturalization papers.  My uncle had been looking for these for years and found that my grandfather was in NJ when he was sworn in as a US Citizen.  Apparently he joined the US Army in Italy and became a citizen when he was in the US just before he shipped off to France.  He arrived in France the day before the war ended.  It was a cool find and so exciting,

My daughter and I got to spend the night with my Aunt and Uncle in NY before she had to be back at school for practice on Saturday.  She really enjoyed being spoiled by them.

I was away from home for 3 days and my husband was very happy to see me when I got home.  I was in some sort of odd mood when I got home - I just wasn't feeling it.  I knew that 'not feeling it' was not going to fly so I had a little internal dialogue and got past whatever it was that was messing with my mo-jo.  Happy to report that we had quite a romp that night, the next morning and the next night.

The morning after I got home I came to the realization that my odd mood was because my husband did not check in on me or seem at all worried about me on my trip home.  There was a pretty bad snow storm and it made traveling a bit tricky.  I asked my husband about it and he explained that he was under the impression that I was extending my trip due to the weather.  He said "you sent me a facebook message that said it was snowing and you were extending your trip until Sunday".  I was really confused until he showed it to me - it was a message that was more than a month old, it was from my trip to Vermont in February.  So two things I am taking from this.  Don't rely on facebook to communicate with my husband and try to be more aware of what little things are contributing to my mood and deal with them.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank God you are back. I was cleaning up my bookmarks and giving each one a final check - nope, still not interesting, nope, dead link, hey, wonder if Mrs. Yes is still there - BINGO! You made my day.

    ReplyDelete