So sex is back and so is the general touching and relating that had been missing outside of the bedroom as well. When I look back at the latest funk or slump or whatever you want to call it I realize that it really takes no effort to break out. Then my brain starts to really get into over analysis mode:
- Do I cause the funk
- Does he cause the funk
- Is it a mutual funk
- Is it just a natural low that is actually a good thing?
I get to the 'is this a good thing?' by pulling the good out of the situation (this is something that I came out of cancer with "finding the blessings even when life sucks")
- Breaking the funk always means great sex
- Being in the funk always makes me evaluate my roles and responsibilities in maintaining a healthy relationship and sex life
- I am secure enough in my relationship to recognize sometimes we just annoy the hell out of each other and that is okay. It doesn't have to be wonderful all the time.
- Even when it isn't wonderful it isn't terrible
- My sex life even in a funk is miles ahead of other couples that have been together for 27 plus years.
- I think that sometimes we just get so busy with the other aspects of life that we don't take the time to put the energy in our relationship.