Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hi there

So I fell off the face of the blog earth for a while.  I just didn't have the pull that I had when this was my little secret blog.

I did miss the updates, the updates from others and the interaction - but the longer I was away the odder it felt to come back.

Life is good - work is kicking my ass.  Just celebrated 10 years since last chemo and still healthy.  Still love my husband - still saying yes!

Kids are good.  Son is going to graduate college in 3 years - with a 3.9.  Daughter is finishing up her senior year in style and having a great lacrosse season.  Little boys keep me moving and continue to grow so I won't be able to call them the little boys much longer.

I'm glad you all were still checking on me.  I will try to post once a week and I promise that post from my husband with his reaction - even if I have to bribe him with sexual favors!

11 comments:

  1. How did hubby react to reading all your entries??

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so glad to see you post again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back! And just in time, too -- needed an update for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have already read this book that was published in 2008 and written by journalist Douglas Brown. It may help you figure out what's next. The title is "Just Do It." He mentioned to his wife the sad existence of a club of men who had not had sex with their wives for at least 100 days. His wife surprised him by suggesting they establish a goal of 100 contiguous days of sex as intercourse. Oral sex was permissible as was mutual masturbation, but they DID NOT count as sex for the daily required goal.

    They had two young girls at the time and it is not at all written in a way that is a "how we did it" tome. It is interestingly more about when, where, and why they did it, even when they were too tired, and how it changed their relationship in other ways. It's hard to put it down because his writing style and the story and they as a couple are so engaging. I found it in my public library this week.

    Two days of reading and I am over half-way through the 306 pages. I don't find it to be at all prurient in nature. Really a fun read. Great vacation or beach book kind of thing. I promise you'll both enjoy it. I will likely read it to my wife when I finish. She is not a reader due to a bit of dyslexia, but loves for me to read to her and I know she will like their story. And who knows, she may like it enough to suggest our own experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that things are going well for you!!! Cant wait to read the reaction:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you posting again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're doing well.

    ~Ponyboy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in to see if you had posted again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about another update?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been hoping beyond hope and praying beyond praying that my wife can take this example, I doubt it'll happen, but I am praying and asking the Lord for this. Our lives would be so different, both hers and mine together, for the better...*Sigh* Thank you for doing this and showing us husbands that it CAN be done.

    ReplyDelete